Sangria is an iconic Spanish drink, known for its refreshing combination of fruit and wine. But what happens when you take alcohol out of this equation? Non-alcoholic sangria offers all the delicious taste of the original without the effects of alcohol, making it perfect for all occasions and all ages.
Why choose Sangria without alcohol?
An inclusive drink
Non-alcoholic sangria allows everyone to enjoy this traditional beverage, including those who avoid alcohol for health, pregnancy, or personal reasons.
Refreshing and hydrating
Without the dehydrating effect of alcohol, non-alcoholic sangria is a great option for cooling off on hot summer days.
Sangria recipe without alcohol
- Alcohol-free red or white grape juice
- Sparkling water or lemonade
- Sliced fresh fruit (oranges, lemons, apples, and berries)
- A little sugar or honey (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks and/or star anise (optional)
- In a large pitcher, mix the grape juice with the sliced fresh fruit.
- Add sugar or honey to sweeten slightly if desired.
- Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors can blend.
- Just before serving, add sparkling water or lemonade for a sparkling touch.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or star anise for added flavor.
Alcohol-free white sangria
- Use white grape juice and fruits like peaches and green grapes for a lighter version.
Citrus and Herb Sangria
- Add fresh herbs like basil or mint with citrus for a unique aromatic touch.
Tips for serving
- Serve sangria in tall wine glasses or colorful pitchers for an attractive presentation.
- Non-alcoholic sangria goes well with a variety of tapas or light summer dishes.
Non-alcoholic sangria is a wonderfully versatile and refreshing drink, perfect for any occasion. It captures the essence of Spain without the effects of alcohol, making it a fantastic option for those looking to enjoy the rich, fruity flavors of sangria in a healthier and more inclusive way.